professionals involved in the development of digital projects. This is due to ignorance about the profiles, responsibilities, scope and tools necessary to carry out their work.
Therefore, it is important to know what the differences are between programmer and developer, before starting a technology training.
Differences between programmer and developer
The programmer and the developer are two professionals from the software development area, who work together on a technological solution. To correctly choose the technology training to be taken, it is essential to know what the differences are between a programmer and a developer and how each one performs in their jobs:
Current practice of companies
The current practice of companies depends on their size, since, in small organizations, it is possible that the developer also assumes the role of programmer.
In large companies, on the other hand, the developer acts as the project manager, creating the concept behind the software and providing programmers with the specifications necessary for them to develop the source code for the computer programs.
Responsibilities and scope of the programmer
Among the responsibilities and scope of the work of the programmer is that:
- It is responsible for writing the source code of the programs, using a programming language.
- In addition, you are responsible for testing, debugging, correcting, and keeping your computer programs free of errors.
In short, the programmer has well defined the scope of his function within a computer project and should only be concerned with doing the best possible.
Developer scope and responsibilities
Within the responsibilities and scope of the developer’s work it is found that:
- He is responsible for the design and architecture of the software components, as well as the technical documentation and liaison with the other actors in the project.
- Although you may be able to program, you usually delegate this activity to professionals who specialize in it, that is, programmers.
- It intervenes in the phases of analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of IT projects.
In short, the developer assumes responsibilities in all phases of the project, as he must ensure that everything works well. Typically, a developer position is linked to a higher salary, because your responsibility and scope are much broader.
Tools they require to do their job
In the case of a programmer, the tools he requires to carry out his work are:
- Programming languages, where Python and Java stand out.
- Databases, where Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL stand out.
In the case of a developer, to carry out his work requires a global knowledge of all the tasks related to the different phases of computer projects. Therefore, the developer needs to know and handle tools for the analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of technological solutions.
In a project, to obtain the expected results, both in quality and in efficiency, it is essential to choose the right professionals, with the appropriate skills.
Therefore, it is essential to know the roles and differences between programmer and developer, before starting a computer project.
In the same way, people interested in studying a technical career should be well documented, before choosing a training in technology, in this way, they will be able to choose the one that best suits their skills, abilities and tastes.
Only in this way, they will achieve a comprehensive training in software development, which will allow them to have a promising job performance in the future.